It's a brand new year, and my biggest resolution this year was to stay caught up on my daily chores and keep my house nice and clean. With that in mind, here are 20 brilliant tips to help clean your house more effectively and efficiently.
1. Keep your chrome surfaces shiny for longer by rubbing them with wax paper.
2. If you ran out of Swiffer sheets, a terry sock will do in a pinch.
3. Clean off stuck-on food from baking dishes by using a little salt as an abrasive agent.
4. Clean your stove by wiping it with an olive oil-soaked mop or paper towel, then wipe clean with a dry one.
5. Remove stains from your couch using one tablespoon of baking soda, 1/3 cup of vinegar, some warm water, and a tablespoon of powdered detergent. Let this sit and dry on the stain for a few hours, then vacuum.
6. Remove scorch marks by pouring some water and a cup of vinegar onto the pan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and add baking soda. Discard the water once the reaction stops and wipe clean.
7. Get clear glasses by washing them in water with a few drops of vinegar.
8. Clean your coffee maker by letting it brew a 1:1 mixture of water and vinegar. Run the brew cycle halfway, then stop and repeat.
9. Soak a mop in fabric softener to make dust cling to it.
10. Clean stained cups with a 1:1 mixture of water and vinegar. Let this sit in the cup for an hour or so and then wash with a sponge.
11. Polish your iron by putting a sheet of parchment on a wooden chopping board, then top it off with a generous layer of salt. Turn the iron on and "scrub" it over the salt for a minute or so.
12. Use one tablet Vitrocin in roughly a gallon of water and wash your bathroom walls with it to prevent mold. To clear existing mold, use one tablet in a quarter gallon of water and do the same.
13. Clean sponges by soaking them in a container filled with two cups of hot water and two tablespoons salt.
14. To clear a stuck pipe, mix equal parts salt and baking soda and pour down the pipe. Next, pour in some vinegar. Leave for 15 minutes, then flush everything out with boiling water.
15. Get your tub shining white by sprinkling the wet tub with a mixture of equal parts baking soda and soda ash. After 10 minutes, apply a layer of equal parts vinegar and bleach (about two ounces each) over the first layer. Rinse thoroughly after half an hour.
16. Broke an egg on the floor? Pour salt one it and leave it for 15 minutes. Then, just wipe away with a paper towel.
17. Use salt as a safe abrasive to clear off grease and scorched food.
18. To clean off water stains from clear shower walls, first wipe down with a wet wipe, then use a sponge. Finally, rinse with water.
19. Make your sink shine by rubbing it with lemons and salt. Bonus: it'll smell amazing!
20. Make DIY Febreze at home with 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil (we love lavender) with a tablespoon baking soda and 2 glasses of lukewarm water.
Be sure to SHARE these great tips with your family and friends.
H/T: Bright Side