Cemeteries are just one of those places where people get an "eerie" feeling at times. Of course, there are elements that can make those moments even scarier like nighttime, howling wind or other noises.
However, most people would probably not say that a grave or a particular tombstone is something they are concerned about while in the cemetery. Well, it's likely most people have not seen any of the gravestones featured here.
This collection of 23 graves from across the globe might be some of the strangest and at times, downright scariest ones ever encountered.
1. If you're walking through the graveyard late at night and you hear a piano playing...
2. Or you find yourself humming the "Mickey Mouse Club" theme song.
3. Maybe you find yourself talking about your phobias and your parents, and you realize you're being analyzed by this gentleman.
4. You find yourself lost in the labyrinth.
5. Maybe you just want to lie down and take a nap.
6. This tree is swallowing this grave whole.
7. Doesn't this Parisian look like he's about to wake up and get out of bed?
8. When a mother lost her daughter in 1871, she designed this grave specially for her. During life, the little girl was afraid of storms. After her death, her mother would descend into the second level that goes all the way down to the level of the tomb. Her mother would touch the tomb and comfort her little girl during storms.
9. This little girl's mother commissioned this life-sized statue encased in glass.
10. This 16-year-old’s sister commissioned this gravestone for her.
11. Enduring love in Thailand.
12. Definitely a one-of-a-kind memorial.
13. The data charges are out of this world.
14. They're still a cute couple.
15. Ok, this Genoa grave wins for creepiest.
16. Georges is calling it a day.
17. During the Victorian era, some graves, like this one, were designed to prevent the dead from escaping.
18. How sad.
19. Alas, poor Yorick.
20. This is the grave of a French journalist in the 1700s.
21. Paul's love of Scrabble lives on.
22. This Catholic husband and Protestant wife were buried in separate cemeteries, but they connected over the fence.
23. After her grandson refused to move his grandmother's grave, this rural Indiana county built the road around the tomb.