Being a parent means having to always be prepared to keep your kids entertained. Kids get bored at the drop of a hat, and while I personally believe that a little boredom now and then is good for kids, it's also important to keep them busy so they stay out of trouble!
Still, every parent could use some inspiration now and then, so here are 25 great ideas to keep your kids busy.
1. Make toy car tracks with colored tape.
2. You can also use colored tape to make a game of hopscotch indoors. Hours of fun!
3. Use chalk and some sponges to create an outdoor game of "Bull's Eye" or darts.
4. Put a new spin on dress-up dolls using a box of chalk and some old clothes.
5. Make exploding paint bags to fill your sidewalks with bursts of color.
6. Paint on wet glue with food coloring. The results are surprising.
7. Leftover bubble wrap, a large piece of paper, and some washable paint make for hours of fun.
8. Make a throwing tarp. All it takes is tarp, a marker, some scissors, and some duct tape to seal the edges of the holes.
9. Cut sponges to make little building blocks for your kids to stack into towers.
10. Make a tin foil river.
11. A paper towel roll taped to the wall becomes a fun "tunnel" for toddlers.
12. Got some spare burlap? Create a sewing station - kids stay busy and learn a useful life skill.
13. How about an indoor camp out, complete with indoor "fire."
14. Kids will draw shapes in sand for hours. An old box and some sugar (or salt) have a similar effect.
15. Make balloon rockets.
16. Make a miniature bowling game with pencil erasers and a marble.
17. Set up some lines of yarn along a hallway, then have your kids pretend they're spies on a secret mission!
18. When all else fails, microwave soap.
20. Make spider webs with painters tape.
20. Play indoor tennis using paper plates, Popsicle sticks, and balloons.
21. Turn your stairs into an indoor slide with a few large sheets of cardboard.
22. Blow giant bubbles using a hula hoop or two sticks with a rope (seen below).
23. Make a rainbow bubble snake.
24. Children's Play-Doh stuffed in a balloon makes a fun tactile toy.
25. Let your kids create their own fashion with some cheap white tees and crayons.
Be sure to SHARE these great ideas with your family and friends.
H/T: Bright Side