Parenting is notoriously expensive. The doctors, the schools, the clothes, the toys... you've got to pinch your pennies wherever you can. There are 26 handy parenting tools straight from the dollar store.
1. Soap holders are great for keeping kid's card decks off the floor.
2. Trim the bottom of tube socks for baby leg warmers.
3. A muffin tin makes a great cup holder for holding art supplies.
4. Hanging mini buckets are the perfect size for arts and craft supplies and they're so easy to clean.
5. A mesh laundry bag sends toys to the beach but doesn't let mounds of sand come back with you.
6. Double up a cereal container with a trash bag for a car trashcan that can take sharp turns and tumbles.
7. A hanging shoe organizer on the back of the front seat keeps your car's backseat kid-prepared and clean.
9. Barrettes and hair ties tend to wander through the house. Keep them in their place with craft boxes.
10. Magnet toys have a home on the wall with upside down pizza tins.
11. Dollar store plastic mesh containers also keep sippy cups and baby food jars from running amuck in a kitchen drawer.
12. Not to mention keeping outdoor art supplies from taking over the yard.
13. Dish racks pull double duty as homework organizers.
14. Pool noodles are perfect for doing a DIY crib rail cover.
15. Ice pop trays keep crayons organized and within easy reach.
16. Tupperware kids' art supplies to prevent leaks and spills when you're on the go.
17. Glue and food coloring make excellent stained glass windows using dollar store frames.
18. The frames also keep a "family command center" nice and tidy on the wall.
19. Throwing on a plastic tablecloth before craft time only takes a second, but it saves hours on cleanup.
20. A silverware utensil tray keeps the family's toothbrushes from mixing germs in a drawer.
21. Keep a soaked sponge in a baggie in the freezer for a brown-bag lunch ice pack.
22. A toothbrush container is the perfect size for storing straws.
23. Baskets on the stairs keep tidying the house a breeze. Everyone is responsible for what's in their basket.
24. Glow sticks turn tub time into a disco.
25. Dollar store trinkets and toys are great for rewards for good behavior.
26. Dolls are so expensive but, thankfully, doll accessories are easy to find at the dollar store.