Every year, National Geographic puts out a call for submissions for its travel photography contest. Thousands submit but only a select few make the cut. The call for entries began on April 7th, and, already, National Geographic has been floored with the quality of some of the photos sent in.
The theme of this year's travel photo contest is aerial photography, that is, photographs taken from above. Planes, skyscrapers and even drones are all fair game. If you're interested in the contest, you can submit your own photos here before the end of this month.
1. Tulip fields in Voorhout in the Netherlands
2. Wild horses in Washington
3. River of Thjorsa in Iceland
4. Cemoro Lawang
5. Over the Sydney Harbour
6. One of Sydney's most dangerous waves, Cape Solander in Botany Bay
7. The dry Koehn Lake, Mojave Desert, California
8. Swimmers in Sydney, Australia
9. African elephants in Okavango Delta, Botswana
10. The Great Barrier Reef
Credit: Twisted Sifter