So, you want to make a cake? Well, you certainly have a lot of options. You can always go to your local grocery store and pick something up for cheap, but that lacks a certain personal touch that makes it so special. What's a cake without the love? If you can, it's always better to make something yourself - and that's when the search for recipes begins.
The Internet is stuffed with recipes of all sorts, but when we find one as awesome as this, we just have to share it with you. It's called the "Crazy Chocolate Cake," and once you see what goes into making it, you'll agree that it lives up to its name. Unlike most any cake you will ever make, this one does not require milk, eggs, or butter. But don't judge this dessert just because it's vegan-friendly, you can guarantee it will taste better than most anything you would have bought from the store.
Here is the full recipe, courtesy of TipHero:
CRAZY CHOCOLATE CAKE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
– 1-½ cup all-purpose flour
– 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– 1 teaspoon white vinegar
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8-inch square or 9-inch round cake pan.
- Add all the dry ingredients directly to the pan and mix.
-Make 3 depressions – 2 small and 1 large – in the mixed dry ingredients. Pour the vinegar in one of the small depressions, the vanilla in the other small depression, and the vegetable oil in the large depression. Pour water over all, and mix with a fork until smooth.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Top with your favorite frosting and enjoy!
Be sure to SHARE this tasty recipe with your family and friends.