Dad Urges Parents To Be Cautious After Nearly Losing His Daughter Due To Fine Print

Justin Morrice recently had a terrible scare when his 10-month-old daughter, Annabelle. started to choke on one of her favorite snacks. He had given her someĀ Gerber Lil' Crunchies, which are a baked corn snack with real cheese baked in. It was something Annabelle had eaten many times in the past, but this time, Justin had turned his back for just a few seconds when he turned around to find his baby girl gasping for air.

"She was trying to cry but no sound was coming out," wrote Justin in a Facebook post. "I rushed over and picked her up and turned her over and slapped her back (as we were taught) for what seemed like forever I still could not hear anything."

"It's at this moment I thought my little girl was going to die."

Not knowing what else to do, he jammed his finger down Annabelle's throat and managed to squish the snack enough to allow Annabelle to breathe. "The next thing I heard was the sweetest sound in the world... her crying" wrote Justin. It was the ""longest and scariest moment" of Justin's life."

So what happened? Why did Annabelle choke on a snack she had eaten many times in the past?

After things settled down, Justin looked at the container, which even boasted that "These delicious snacks have a meltable texture making them easy to chew and swallow!"


That's when he noticed something in the fine print.

Deciding to investigate, Justin opened a new can of the snacks to compare the texture, and was shocked by the difference. "The ones in the can she choked on I can only describe to be like a foam ear plug. I could squish it but it would expand back out and would not break apart," he says. "The ones in the new can crumbled with ease."

He doesn't, however, blame Gerber for this issue. He just wants to spread awareness to parents so that everyone is aware of the potential danger these can be if stored improperly. "My mistake almost cost me and they say 'learn from your mistakes' and I hope parents everywhere learn from mine."

Read the full post below.

Be sure to SHARE this potentially life-saving information with your family and friends.

H/T: Shared | Justin Morrice

Trending Today: