Mason jars are the big trend right now, for their unassuming, hip yet rustic charm. The ways you can incorporate them into your home are endless. Here are a few easy ideas to get you started.
1. Attach them to boards for wall flower vases.
2. Punch a hole in the center of the lid and feed a pump through it for a soap or dishwashing fluid dispenser.
3. Use chalkboard paint to make monogrammed party cups.
4. Attach several to a board to use for bathroom storage. It'll keep your counters clean and it looks so much better than the packages they came in.
5. Spray paint them silver or gold for metallic flower vases.
6. Or paint the inside of the jars to give them the look of sea glass.
7. Swap out a boring light fixture. This is an especially useful hack for ugly fixtures in rental units.
8. Store your dry goods by mounting the jars to the underside of a cabinet. To pull them down, just unscrew. (Bonus, you'll remember the next time you need to pick up rice or coffee beans from the store.)
9. Remember how you mounted Mason jars in the bathroom? Works for the kitchen too.
10. Wire and a tea light makes for romantic patio lighting.
11. Or go all out and build a Mason jar chandelier.
12. With materials you can buy at the dollar store, a Mason jar makes a precious snow globe.
13. Float candles in them for a candlelit dinner that's comfortably casual.
14. They're great for one-jar baking recipes, like these pancake directions here.
15. Mason jars are great for bringing salad to work.
16. They work for any leftovers, really. And they don't get ratty and discolored like plastic containers.
17. You can DIY your own instant noodles in a jar here.
18. Use artificial tea light candles underneath an upside down jar for ambiance with no danger of burning fingers.
19. Upgrade from those ugly black and white salt and pepper shakers. Just attach the spout from a box to the inside of the lid rings.
20. You can easily make your own Mason jar candle. Add some seashells, marbles or berries at the bottom for extra homey charm.
Credit: Aunty Acid