As spring just rolls into gear, your garage is beckoning you with the promise of all those summer projects to come. With just a little spring cleaning and a few handy tricks, you can take your garage up to the next level.
1. Paper towel dispensers can handle garbage bags, burlap and netting.
2. Drill bits and small wrenches stay put with a magnetic strip.
3. Tin cans will keep tools and small brushes upright and out of the way.
4. A pegboard can be customized and constantly re-arranged for your changing needs.
5. Nail the tops of your jars to the underside of a shelf. That lets the jars hang under it and clears up valuable working tabletop space.
6. Divided storage will save you the headache of scrambling to match screws and nails.
7. This bungee cord pen for balls and sports gear only takes a minute to set up but it's instant organization.
8. Old PVC pipes get a second life storing garden equipment.
9. Loft your recycling center and save precious floorspace. (Instructions here.)
10. No need for a high-priced bike rack - this simple hack can go up in an afternoon and only costs a couple of bucks for materials.
11. Wire baskets keep your garage looking neat and put together while clearing up counter and floor space.
12. An easy to build corral keeps tools, toys and sports gear from spreading and taking over the whole garage.
13. This hacksaw blade hack makes tape dispensing a breeze.
14. If you can beat the temptation of the dreaded "miscellaneous" label, your storage bins will thank you.
15. Cabinets are essential for a clutter-free garage and, with just a little bit of work, can be a doable weekend project. (Get the instructions here.)
16. A bucket bolted to the wall holds sprinkler attachments and hose storage with a cute, country home look.
17. These rolling storage systems are to die for.
18. A ladder takes up floor space and can be a dangerous temptation for kids. Stay safe and keep it out of the way by attaching it to the ceiling.
19. And while you're at it, consider installing overhead storage for other things to keep away from kids and pets with easy-to-follow instructions here.