You know that you've got a roll of tin foil on hand for wrapping up leftovers and baking a turkey, but chances are, you are not using your aluminum foil to its full potential. It's a household heavy hitter, so start putting it to work.
1. Ball up your foil and toss it in the dryer for a chemical-free dryer sheet.
2. Mix it with baking soda, salt and boiling water and use it to polish silver.
3. Use it to make a barrier for doorknobs, hinges and other things you want to cover while you're painting.
4. Use it to scour rust from metal with water.
5. Wrap the edges of a plastic bag together, seal with foil and use an iron to reseal bags.
6. Pour grease from the pan into a shallow bowl of foil. Let it harden and you can just throw it away, keeping it out of your sink entirely.
7. You can hack AAA batteries if you're out of AA batteries by bridging the gap with a little tin foil.
8. Clean a grill with no chemicals by using a wadded up ball of tin foil.
9. Roll your hair into pinwheels and wrap them in foil. Use a straightening iron to curl them for long-lasting waves.
10. Wrapping the ends of a banana in tin foil will help them last longer.
11. Wrap the edges of your pie crust in tin foil to keep them from burning while you bake.
12. Use foil to scour stubborn pots and pans.
13. Make several cuts in a sheet of tin foil to sharpen dull scissors.
14. Slipping a sheet of tin foil under heavy furniture will help it move more easily.
15. Cut your ironing time in half with aluminum foil
16. Cover leftover pizza in a foil dome and reheat it for maximum crispiness.
17. Use it to fashion a makeshift funnel to prevent spills.