Photographers can sometimes spend hours, even days to try to set up the perfect shot for an optical illusion. Just like the discovery of penicillin, sometimes the greatest things are the ones that happen by accident.
Check out these 28 unintended optical illusions and see for yourself.
1. Now that’s one seriously clean car.
2. Perfectly timed doggy photo-bomb.
3. One question: Who's got the umbrella?
4. Uhhhh... which way is up?
5. I can’t figure this one out.
6. This is one seriously cool carpet.
7. Ladies and gentlemen, Old Baby.
8. Stormy skies help reflect the indoors to the outside.
9. What the what? Is that for real?
10. That wedding gown looks fetching on him, doesn’t it?
11. Centaur or not, a girl’s gotta eat.
12. I stared at this for a while. Yes, he is regular-sized in real life.
13. He’s got a future in the NBA.
14. It took a while to figure out this one.
15. Old Baby: The Encore.
16. The “floating” island (not actually floating).
17. “Just a dog day afternoon stuck in traffic.”
18. Look reeeeally closely, and you’ll see it really is two separate goats.
19. She must be in the gym all day.
20. Is he just walking around with a camel’s head?? Nope, just another optical illusion.
21. So... who’s in the lead?
22. I’ve heard of a long-legged lady, but this is nuts.
23. How... just how? And, why is nobody even looking?
24. Pigeon-zilla, about to pillage a bread factory.
25. I’m no fashion police, but his shirt really doesn’t match those shoes.
26. Excuse me miss, did you know there’s a small man riding on your back?
27. “Where did my bike wheel go??”
28. Pirates? Oh, never mind, it’s just a kite...
We tend to think of seeing as believing, but these pictures show that the right timing and/or angle can play serious tricks with our perceptions. Trippy.