If you're a homeowner, whether it's a new property or one you've been in for some time, you've probably considered the possibility of making a few changes. Remodeling, redesigning, or simply adding an extra feature or two helps make your space feel more like it's an extension of you. Plus it can also add resale value if you decide to sell at some point. This list features some creative ideas to help you get inspired for your next design project.
1. Turn your dusty old attic into a slumber party/movie night haven with wall-to-wall pillows.
2. With a little tweaking, the space under your staircase can become a cozy book nook.
3. The staircase is also a great place to make a little nook for your favorite furry friend.
4. Why not build a guest house that's also a tree house?
And then if you're like me, you kick the guests out and live there yourself.
5. Spruce up your garden shack into an artist's den.
6. Install under-cabinet drawers to really maximize on available storage space.
7. If you're really going all-out, why not consider building an awesome secret room that only you know about?
8. Magnetic panels on your wall make hanging things a breeze. Find out more here.
9. Turn the shower into a steam room with the addition of bench seating.
10. Got extra-high ceilings? Secure some netting to create an awesome, instant hammock.
11. Skip the glass doors and curtains (which you’d have to clean), walk-in showers are where it's at.