A study conducted by the Pew Research Center in 2014 found that across the country, there has been an increase in the number of stay-at-home moms (SAHM) and stay-at-home dads (SAHD). Thanks to an increase in jobs that can be done online, there are more and more parents who are choosing to work from home and/or leave the workforce altogether in order to spend more time with their kids.
The life of a stay-at-home parent isn't easy, but it also has its own reward. These 15 parents show what it's like, from the messes, the errands and the total lack of alone time, to the hugs, the smiles and the memories that make it all worth it.
1. "It means your living room looking like this all the time when you have triplet babies, a 3-year-old, and a 5-year-old!"
Heather Polumbus Wennberg
2. "Never going to the bathroom alone!"
3. "It means SO MUCH LAUNDRY! ... But having a helper who understands how you feel."
4. "Being stuck on the couch for 3 hours because she only naps on you."
5. "Being a SAH mom means that I can spend all the time in the world with my babies."
6. "This [is] what being a SAHM is all about!"
7. "Always being on the lookout for suspiciously quiet toddlers..."
8. "Make a mess. Clean the mess. Repeat. Love my little guys."
Athina Marie Fascianella
9. "Being the SAH parent means finding innovative ways to change diapers."
10. "Being a SAHD means grocery shopping with these two as quick as I can."
11. "Target runs."
Dara K Tilghman
12. "That your once pristine home now looks like a massive playroom gone wrong, but when you can have precious moments all the time the mess is insignificant."
13. "It means baby proofing... everything!"
14. "Being a SAHM means being able to have the privilege to homeschool my daughter, and having the ability to be there for her when she needs me."
15. "Being a stay-at-home mom means I can always be there for my son, no matter the circumstances, and grow along with him. He nurtures and cares for me the same way I nurture and care for him."
Via: Huffington Post