Life hacks are little tidbits of knowledge on how to do some type of everyday task just a little bit more easily. In many cases, they can save you time, money and/or space. Below is a compilation of some of the best, simplest life hacks that will do one or all of the above.
1. Charge your phone faster by switching to airplane mode.
2. Use old toilet paper rolls as starter plots for young seedlings.
3. Paper clips at the end of a roll of tape save a lot of frustration.
4. Hide your money and cards (ID, credit/debit cards) in a women's sanitary napkin. It's one of the last places anyone would expect.
5. Cut open a tennis ball and stick it to the wall to be an anything-holder.
6. Use the tabs from soda cans to double up on closet space.
7. Use the spring from a pen to strengthen flimsy cords.
8. You're still using electricity - and being charged for it - when cords are plugged in even if they aren't being used. Save your money by using powerstrips.
9. Keep dry pet food in a juf so it's easier to dish out.
10. Coffee beans in a little box act as a great makeup brush holder.
11. An egg carton is a cheap way and efficient way to keep your laptop ventilated.
12. In case of blackouts, put a cell phone under a bottle of liquid to distribute the light in all directions.
I've used this one many times and I will personally endorse that it's awesome.
13. Stick that sliver of soap from the old bar onto a new bar, it'll eventually fuse together.
14. If you're traveling and don't have an outlet handy, most modern TVs in hotel rooms have a USB plugin.
15. Another travel tip: when using public transit, wrap your bag around your leg to keep it safe while napping.
16. Use a fitted sheet at the beach to keep your tanning area sand-free.
17. Lived through the 90's and now you've got a bunch of old cassette tapes you don't know what to do with? BAM! Instant phone holder.
18. A power plug can double as a flathead screwdriver in a pinch.
19. Graphite from an ordinary pencil helps unstick zipper teeth.