Manicures at home can be a real pain to master. The following tips and tricks will make you seem like a manicure professional. There are minimal tools required, and the techniques are easy to get down. So, if you are looking to save money and have great looking nails, look no further. These step-by-step diagrams will up your beauty game while providing proper nail care along the way.
1. To start, try to invest in these tools. They will help tremendously.
2. Pick your ideal nail shape. Make sure it matches both your personality and your lifestyle.
3. Remove all extra nail polish that may already be on your fingernails. Lemon juice, vinegar, or rubbing alcohol are great choices.
4. Here is a great way to make a nail polish removing station. Grab a container, place a sponge inside and pour nail polish remover inside.
5. Do you have stubborn nail gel? All you have to do is soak gauze in acetone. Then, wrap the gauze and tin-foil around each fingernail. Wait 5-7 minutes, and they should dissolve.
6. Use Vaseline around the edge of your nails, before applying nail polish. This will ensure easy clean up later.
7. Refer to this chart in order to properly apply nail polish.
8. Don't want color? Here is how to make your nails look naturally fabulous.
9. Before getting started, know how to take proper care of your nails.
10. In three easy steps, you can get scalloped or cloud nails.
11. An ombre manicure isn't too hard to assemble. All you need is a sponge.
12. The perfect matte finish is easy to make with cornstarch.
13. These two-toned nails are absolutely gorgeous. All you will need is tape and glossy nail polish.
14. Grab a thinner tape to make this cool pattern.
15. Tape is also a great tool to use for amazing french tips.
16. Reinforcement stickers can do the job just as well.
17. Mix white nail polish with your favorite color to create this fade look.
18. A small brush can make this fun, layered design.
19. Small shapes and letters can be made with fine-tipped sharpies.
20. Metallic sharpies work best over a black or white base.
21. Not comfortable drawing freehand? Use cut out stencils and fabrics like this.
22. Polka dots can be mastered using bobby pins.
23. This DIY cuticle oil only requires warm water, lotion and oil. It will leave your nails fresh and ready for another fun design.