Advertisement

Cincinnati Man Goes Blind In One Eye After Sleeping In Contacts

Sleeping in contacts might seem like a fairly innocent habit, but it has very serious consequences. Chad Groeschen, a 39-year old man from Cincinnati, developed a severe bacterial infection after sleeping in his prescribed contacts. Chad said he woke up one morning and noticed his vision had begun to cloud over. After visiting doctors, he received the terrible news that he would lose vision in his left eye.

According to doctors, people that sleep in contacts are 10 times more likely to develop a serious eye infection. A recent study found that about 50 percent of contact wearers regularly sleep in contacts. Chad's story can be a lesson to many and hopefully prevent a similar tragedy from happening again.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Trending Today: