I don't have kids at the moment, but if I did, I am pretty sure I'd hate having to explain to their teachers why they're late. Personally, punctuality is a pretty big deal for me so hopefully it would never really be an issue I'd have to face often but if I ever did, I hope I can handle it with the wit and humor that this dad showed.
After having written several notes explaining his children's tardiness, Seth Kind decided to get creative with his excuses and come up with something that would, at the very least, give the teacher a good laugh. Here are some of his best.
1. Ah yes, the ever-elusive Frogicorn.
2. Eazy-E would be proud.
3. That escalated quickly ...
4. Gotta give him props for the entrepreneurial spirit.
5. I think we were all heartbroken after this fight.
6. Late, you are. Provide a note, you must.
7. If that's not a valid excuse, I don't know what is.
Via: Little Church Mouse