Depression can hit anyone, regardless of their background or situation. Sometimes the stress of life can overwhelm us leading you down a dark hole of sadness. Imgur user Mollywho is a good example, and her story is a testament to the comforting power of love. During a recent bout of depression, Molly discovered a surprise from her husband which reminded her she wasn’t alone.
I've been juggling a LOT lately. Trying to do well at work. Just got married. Couldn't afford a wedding. Family is sparse. Falling out with friends, yaddadyadda. But, the thing is, amidst all the struggle, my husband has relentlessly tried to cheer me up. I've not been the easiest person to deal with. In fact, sometimes I've lost all hope and even taken my anger out on my new husband. But he somehow forgives me every time. I have a long journey ahead of me, and I know he probably realizes I'm depressed. But he holds my hand, and he tries his best. Today when I came home from a trip to SF, I flopped onto my bed in tears. I looked to my left, and saw these words painted all across my mirror. I think he wanted me to remember how much he loves me. Because he knows how quickly I forget. He knows I struggle to see good in the world, and especially the good in myself. But here it is. A testament and gesture of his love. I needed it today...
If you can’t clearly read the entire list, here it is:
1. she is my best friend
2. she never quits on herself or me
3. she gives me time to work on my crazy projects
4. she makes me laugh, everyday
5. she is gorgeous
6. she accepts the crazy person I am
7. she's the kindest person I know
8. she's got a beautiful singing voice
9. she's gone to a strip club with me
10. she has experienced severe tragedy yet is the most optimistic person about humanity I know
11. she has been fully supportive about my career choices and followed me each time
12. without realizing it, she makes me want to do more for her than I have ever wanted to do for anyone
13. she's done an amazing job at advancing her career path
14. small animals make her cry
15. she snorts when she laughs
Depression is a serious issue that impacts millions of people. We should all be so lucky to have someone to keep an eye on us when our brains and life get us down.