While the concept of self-portraits isn't exactly new, cell phones (particularly slightly newer models with front-facing cameras) have made this process easier than ever before - and thus the "selfie" generation came to be.
But don't be fooled into thinking the selfie trend is purely for youngsters. Even though the learning curve is a little steeper for senior citizens, these grandparents prove that it's never too late to learn something new.
1. Okay, Nonna. I know this is all new, but let's try not looking like "The Scream" by Edvard Munch next time, yeah?
2. This isn't the best look, either, but points for trying.
3. Unless you're trying to show off your slick new 'do, tilt the camera down.
4. So close... yet so far. Maybe I should get you guys a selfie stick for Christmas?
5. Close, but no cigar. Remember, your face has to be visible to call it a selfie.
6. Just your face, though - no need to include your lunch.
7. Oh, hey. Would you look at that.
8. You're doing it.
9. You're TOTALLY doing it.
10. You even mastered the duck face? That's pro-level stuff right there.
11. And so, the student becomes the master. Well done, grasshopper.