He Was Unaware Of His Wasp Allergy, And It Cost Him His Life

Summer brings with it all sorts of good stuff: pool parties, ice cream, watermelon, and road trips, just to name a few. But, with all the sweet, there also comes the sour. If you’re planning on doing any yard work this summer, you’re almost sure to run into one of summer’s most notorious villains - wasps, a.k.a. yellow jackets.

Wasps are generally viewed as a nuisance by most people. While bees produce honey and are generally non-aggressive, wasps are notorious for their bad tempers and painful stings. Wasps are much more agile than their bee cousins, and also have the ability to sting you multiple times. In some cases, they can even be deadly. 

This video tells the tragic story of John, who was stung by four wasps while tending to his garden. He went inside to rest, and his wife brought him some ice to treat his swelling. Within an hour, he was dead. It turns out that John had a severe allergic reaction to the wasp venom, which caused him to go into anaphylactic shock. He was unaware of his allergy, which led him to believe he would be okay. Had he known of his condition, his life may have been saved by something as simple as an EpiPen. Watch the video below to learn more.

Don't forget to SHARE this lifesaving lesson with your friends and family.

H/T: FOX 13 News - Tampa Bay

Trending Today: