All year ‘round your cat or dog may be the sweetest and most innocent animal in the world, but then the holiday season comes and a transformation happens. All of a sudden, you have a monster on your hands, a pet that has become wild and obsessed with destruction. Christmas decorations, especially the tree, become their playground. It’s a situation many know well, but maddening as it is, you can’t help but smile at these next pictures, which capture some of the worst Christmas anarchy we’ve ever seen. Take a look.
1. You might look innocent, dog, but we don’t believe your story that the tree just fainted.
2. And we certainly don’t trust this cat when he says the tree attacked him.
3. This selfish kitty unwrapped all of her family’s presents on Christmas morning.
4. Every pet owner’s worst nightmare – the dog chasing the cat up the tree.
5. This kitty thought she was the angel of the house.
6. Someone does not like Christmas cards.
7. It’s the most delicious holiday of all.
8. Seriously though, who can resist a candy cane?
9. Sometimes our pets try to pretend they know nothing about what’s happened.
10. But we know better.
11. Even when you don’t catch them in action, like this kitty, they leave behind proof that is undeniable.
12. Even though it’s a pain, it’s the most adorable mess you’ve ever seen.
13. And you might want to take a minute to admire it before cleaning up.
14. After all, this kind of cuteness happens only once a year.
Credit: Bored Panda