There's at least 101 reasons that dogs are known as man's best friend. Whether they hold your hand while cruising around town, fiercely wag their tails when you walk in the door, or whether they curl up in a little ball and fall asleep on your lap, they know exactly what we need when we need it.
Dogs are so easy-going and loving, that sometimes we can take their love, friendship and companionship for granted. These simple dog hacks will brighten you and your dog's day.
1. Dog breath is the worst, right? Try placing fresh parsley in your dog's food to clear up his bad breath, while adding a little touch of gourmet.
2. If you're always spilling dog food, then you really should try filling up a plastic pitcher with dry dog food.
3. You might know how to save a life, but do you know how to save your dog's life? If not, check out this handy, helpful graphic.
4. Rather than wrapping your dog's leash around a pole or a tree, try using a carabiner instead.
5. Squeegees pull double duty in a pet-lover's house. They can clean the windows and remove dog hair from your carpets.
6. If you're looking for a tasty, healthy snack to give your dog during the summer, then freeze apple slices in chicken broth to cool your pup down.
7. Learn the body language behind your dog. They might not be able to speak, but they can often tell us what they want or need.
8. The next time, you're giving your dog a bath, try putting a shower cap over its head. It will prevent soap and shampoo from getting in their eyes and you can snap a pretty adorable picture.
9. Rather than chasing your dog the next time they get out, try laying down and pretending to be hurt.
10. Remove dog pee from the carpet with baking soda. It will not only remove the stain, it will also help fight any residual odors.
11. Not all dogs like having their teeth brushed. Okay, who are we kidding, none do. Next time you want to clean their pearly whites, put some canine toothpaste on their favorite rope toy. You'll get clean teeth and a happy dog.
12. Some dogs can make themselves sick from eating too fast. If this sounds like your dog, place a tennis ball in the middle of their dish. It will force your dog to slow down and savor the finer things in life.
13. Know the dog food no-no's. All dogs love to eat, but make sure they don't eat what is known to be toxic for dogs.
14. And last, but certainly not least, here's a good tip in case you lose your dog:
Your favorite four-legged friends, both old and young, will appreciate these clever hacks that really do make their lives better.