You know you've got a bottle of WD-40 in your garage or under your sink. It's indispensable for fixing a stuck gate or a creaky hinge on the fridge (nothing is worse than waking up everyone in the house with your midnight snacking). But WD-40 is a kind of miracle spray, capable of way more than you'd expect.
1. Separate glasses stuck together by spraying a little WD-40 in between them.
2. Take off a stuck ring. Just wash your hands when you’re done.
3. Buff away scuff marks by spraying it and scrubbing with a hard-bristled brush.
4. Get tea stains out of Formica countertops.
5. Yep, you can even use it to clean a toilet. Crazy, right?
6. Remove rust from license plates and spiff up your ride.
7. Tell wasps they're not welcome. They hate the stuff.
8. Cure your sticky fingers: glue and gum will break down after a few sprays.
9. Stuck zippers will come loose with just a dash of the stuff. You can apply it with a paintbrush to keep it away from delicate fabrics.
10. Spray the wooden handles of tools to keep them splinter free.
11. Clean up dried glue. Leave it on the glue spot for 30 seconds and wipe it clean.
12. WD-40 is amazing for degreasing your hands after a good garage tinkering.
13. Get stickers and sticker goo off just about anything.
14. Some people say you can get a carpet stain loose with it.
15. Do a little test first, but WD-40 is great for removing the crayon and marker "artwork" from upholstered furniture.
16. Gum in your hair? Put down the scissors. Spray a bit o' the 40 on it and massage the gum out.
17. Spray tiny knots of fishing line and use a safety pin to detangle fishing line.
18. Use it to spray polish golf clubs. It'll make them look like new and protect them.
19. Remove paint scuffs from parking lot dings by spraying WD-40 on the spot and rubbing the scuff off.
Did we forget anything? Let us know.