Every guys knows that when you're in love and you've found the one, there will come a day where you get down on one knee and ask her to make you the happiest man in the world for the rest of your life. While the ring and the bended knee are virtually non-negotiable, the rest is open to the guy's creativity and sense of romance.
Getting engaged is something that most of us hope to only do once, so it's important to make the experience unique. Whether you're a guy looking for ideas, a gal dreaming about her special day or someone reminiscing about your own beautiful moment, these great proposals provide sustenance for the romantic in us all.
1. "Inside the world's biggest cave, I dropped to one knee and asked my girlfriend of 6 years, Alesha, to marry me."
2. Do it in a way that she won't even realize until later.
3. "I started getting down off the rather steep rock but Andrew began to talk [about] how this beautiful hike reminded him of our relationship. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him."
4. "As I was looking at the camera Connor tugged my hand, when I turned around he was on one knee."
5. Sweeten the deal with some candy.
6. A gorgeous beach proposal written in the sand.
7. A "Pride and Prejudice" proposal for a girl who loves Austen.
8. "All the effort the dolphin put in for this proposal, and she still goes for the other guy."
9. "He opened the doors to the ice skating rink and there was a red carpet laid on the ice with a box at the end."
10. Get man's best friend to help out.
11. Propose on the beach, but watch out for the tide.
12. Seriously, it's hard to turn down that face.
13. "We were in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by mountains, miles from the nearest person. It was like we were placed into some fairy tale winter wonderland."
14. String lights are an easy way to create great ambience.
15. "After we finished our 5k color run he got down on one knee and asked me to begin our own race."
16. "It took weeks of flea-market hopping, but I was able to find the details needed to re-create the living room scene [from "Up!"]."
17. This guy proposed in the middle of a lake with a photographer secretly capturing the moment.
18. "He led me through the rose petals to a spot at the end of the rocks. I didn't cry immediately. But then his eyes locked on mine and I lost it."
19. Talk about an "edgy" proposal.
20. "There were flower petals and candles everywhere and a movie screen set up. Aaron pressed play, came and sat by me in the teepee, and started shaking and tearing up."
21. Another amazing proposal in the sand.
There you go. Guys, just remember: whatever you decide to do, if you make sure she feels like the most important, most beautiful woman in the world, then you simply can't go wrong.
Credit: Bored Panda