The DeLuca family adopted two-year-old Haus not too long ago. The German Shepherd has since become a part of the family.
One day, while playing in the backyard, little Molly DeLuca came across something uncommon for their Florida home. A huge and deadly rattlesnake was waiting to strike in the family's backyard.
Haus leaped into action, putting himself between the poisonous snake and the little girl. In protecting Molly, Haus was bitten three times. His family rushed him to the Connechusett Animal Hospital.
The family's medical bills skyrocketed. Fighting against poison rushing through an animal's veins isn't cheap. So the family reached out to the internet with a GoFundMe page. In just three months, Haus fans across the internet not only managed to hit the $28,000 goal, they nearly doubled it. The DeLuca's were blown away by the generosity and have pledged to donate all excess funds to Heidi's Legacy Rescue and other charities. Better yet, the family reports that Haus is steadily recovering!
Be sure to SHARE this hero dog's story on Facebook!
H/T: Save Haus