Becoming a new parent is one of life's biggest and most meaningful milestones. From the day that you bring a new bundle of joy into the world, your entire life begins to revolve around the safety and well-being of this child. Parenthood is such a beautiful and transformational thing - but it's not all roses and sunshine. There are, of course, financial and social sacrifices, sleepless nights, added stress and responsibilities. The overwhelming feelings and emotions that new mothers experience are hard to sum up, but these pictures of animal parents with their kids do a pretty good job of encapsulating the general idea.
1. Zoe is clearly overjoyed to be a new mother.
2. No one told her that motherhood would be like this.
3. She looks more like an octopus than a cat.
4. "Motherhood is exhausting" is a total understatement.
5. Sometimes, you just need to mentally check out for a few minutes.
6. Just look at these proud parents!
7. This was dad's favorite space to get some alone time, but now it's jam-packed with kittens.
8. There is an unspoken rule about never waking up a sleeping baby.
9. It's all in a day's work as a mother.
10. This new mom could definitely use some help with the kids.
11. "Have children," they said. "It'll be fun," they said.
12. "Excuse me, could you tell me about your refund policy?"
13. "I only wanted two kids, but it didn't stop at two."
14. Sometimes, "mom" is synonymous with "pillow."
15. Time to hire a nanny.
Be sure to SHARE these hilarious pictures with your friends and family.
H/T: Bored Panda