Muffin tins – they used to sit dusty in our cabinets, reserved for those rare occasions that called for muffins or cupcakes. However, these days, the muffin tin is making a major comeback. Much like in the case of the waffle iron, the global community of the Internet has brought about a revitalization, with new recipes and uses for our loneliest kitchen equipment.
We’ve learned how to make breakfast in our muffin tin, as well as a delicious and unexpected spaghetti surprise. The latest and greatest recipe involves mashed potatoes, and from the looks of things, it could be the tastiest of them all.
1. Combine your ingredients in a large mixing bowl. While the ingredients are listed below, feel free to experiment with different vegetables, cheeses and toppings!
This particular mashed potato muffin includes:
3 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
1 package frozen spinach (thawed) – or 1.5 cups of fresh
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup shredded cheese, with another ¼ cup set aside for topping
2. Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly coat your muffin tin with non-stick spray. While things heat up, mix your ingredients well.
3. Scoop mixture into muffin tin. An ice cream scoop works great for this step, although a spoon will do in a pinch.
4. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool (for as long as you can wait!) and enjoy. And don’t forget to share your favorite muffin tin recipes in the comments below.
Via: Tip Hero