Nothing is better than the smell of fresh lemons to make a place feel clean, refreshing and sparkling new. One of the best summer hacks is keeping sliced lemons in your water jug in the fridge, but the uses for lemons are practically limitless.
1. Rub a lemon and some kosher or sea salt on a cutting board and set it in the sun to remove discoloration.
2. Shave a couple lemon zests into your garbage to stop odors.
3. Sprinkle a little lemon onto your lettuce to keep it crisp in the fridge.
4. Add lemon juice to your clothes wash, not only for the amazing smell, but for the whitening power.
5. Lemon water also helps combat and prevent heartburn.
6. A little lemon will help take a leftover darker polish stain off your nails.
7. A lemon peel in your brown sugar bag will keep it from clumping.
8. A squirt of lemon not only tastes great, but will keep guacamole from browning.
9. Dabbing your age spots or scars with a cotton ball soaked in lemon juice can help lighten them and make them less noticeable.
10. Lemon makes a natural dandruff rinse.
11. Adding lemon to your diet helps prevent kidney stones.
12. A spray bottle of lemon juice is great for washing fruits and vegetables.
13. Dab zits with lemon juice to clear them up chemical-free.
14. Tarnished chrome comes back to life with a lemon scrub.
15. Marble stains come right up with lemon and salt.
16. A Q-tip with lemon juice can help treat warts.
17. Rub lemon on rust and mineral stained clothes before washing them to pull the stains out.
18. Lemon and vinegar will help get mildew stains and smells out of clothes.
19. Lemons will help get rid of stains on plastic containers.
20. Add a few drops of lemon juice to your humidifier for a refreshing fragrance.
21. Microwave a cup of lemon juice and vinegar for five minutes to loosen microwave crud and deodorize the kitchen.
Credit: Tip Hero