Whether you went trick-or-treating yourself or stayed in handing out candy, leftover sweets are unavoidable in the days after Halloween. If you've grown tired of eating fun-sized chocolate bars like us and don't want them to go to waste, we've got a great recipe that’ll transform your Reese's and Whoppers into a totally new dessert. This is a great way to share your extra Halloween treats with your friends instead of trying to save them for next year. You definitely shouldn't try that. Check out the recipe below and see for yourself how easy it is.
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to top
- 1 1/2 cups chopped up candy/candy bars
1. Go ahead and heat that oven up to 350°F and grease a 9x13" baking pan.
2. Combine your brown sugar and melted butter in a medium bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until everything is fully mixed. Toss in the rest of your ingredients and keep stirring until you don't see any flour pockets. Spread this candy-filled goodness into your baking pan, then top with a sprinkle of salt.
3. Bake for roughly 20 minutes and let it cool for 15 minutes before sharing.
Every bite of these delicious blondies tastes different.
Our favorite candy combination is Almond Joy, Take 5 and Heath. What's yours?
Via: Tip Hero | Taste of Home