Advertisement

How To Remove Mold

Dust, dirt, grime – when it comes to regular household messes, most of us have an arsenal of cleaning supplies at the ready. But if you saw mold growing in the basement, shower, or under the sink, would you know how to combat it? Unlike other messes that are simply unsightly, or smelly, mold can negatively affect one's health, and once it starts growing, getting rid of it for good can be an uphill battle. In the most extreme cases, entire rooms or sections of homes need to be gutted once mold really takes hold. If you've ever watched HGTV, you already know that it's a homeowner's worst nightmare.

What makes mold so dangerous? Like other fungi, it reproduces via spores, which travel through the air in search of somewhere damp and dark to grow. These tiny spores may attach to walls, clothing, and other household items, or worse, enter the respiratory system of humans or animals occupying the space. While this may cause wheezing, chest infections, or allergic reactions in some, breathing in large quantities can result in neurological problems, and even death in others. In short, when it comes to your family's health, mold is not something to ignore.

If you come across mold growing in your home, step one is to grab some hydrogen peroxide and a spray bottle. As you'll see in this video, it works on a variety of surfaces, and mold should quickly wipe away with a swipe of an old towel. However, if the issue persists, you may want to contact a licensed professional, trained in identifying and removing mold.

Don't forget to SHARE this helpful tip with your friends and family!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Trending Today: