While on her lunch break, Morgan Carter watched her car suddenly go up in flames in a Chick-fil-A parking lot in Goodlettsville, Tennessee.
“I was panicking,” Morgan told WKRN. "I didn’t really know what was happening."
Todd Hunley, owner of the Chick-fil-A, rushed outside to help Morgan extinguish the flames. Unfortunately, the fire burned out of control and the car was lost. Morgan wondered what she would do now with no transportation.
Pastor Kevin Cook has been inside the Chick-fil-A while the accident happened.
Kevin told WKRN, "I just asked [Morgan], ‘hey what can I do to help?’ She was like ‘I really just want you to pray that somehow we can get a car, because this is all we have.’ I knew in that moment that was what we were supposed to do. There is no way we can leave here until she’s got a vehicle.”
Kevin and Todd went on to pay for a new car that Morgan could take home with her. The generous duo found Morgan a minivan, a type of car Morgan had always wanted for her family.
"I love it, my kids love it, I love it, it’s just awesome, it’s awesome," Carter said.
“I was hysterical,” Carter said. "I was crying and I was happy at the same time, but still in shock from just everything that was going, and for it to just end so wonderful is just amazing. I love it, my kids love it, I love it, it’s just awesome, it’s awesome.
Carter hopes that her story will inspire others to help each other and pay it forward.
“There are good people out there, and I’m so blessed to be one of those people that was able to be helped and I hope one day to be able to do that for someone else,” she said.
Be sure to SHARE this story with your friends and family!