After a period of travel, or a few too many backyard barbecues, you reach a point where the body starts to feel … heavy. You get so used to unhealthy eating that you forget what it’s like to feel that spring in your step. Often, your diet can significantly impact your digestive tract, dragging you down more than you realize. Luckily, there are many excellent homemade remedies that you can make to get that feeling back.
In the case of poor dietary choices, what might be necessary is a colon cleanse. This step is necessary to lose those heavy toxins and bring your system back to order. This amazing natural remedy is made from only two ingredients and is a snap to prepare.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Pure and natural apple cider vinegar is a staple of home remedies, and this colon cleanse is no exception. Make sure to choose your apple cider vinegar carefully. Though it may be tempting to purchase any type of vinegar from the store, you will receive the most benefits from raw, organic, and unfiltered varieties. Raw apple cider vinegar contains probiotics like acetobacter, which help digest food in the stomach.
The unique characteristics of apple cider vinegar also cultivate your stomach’s acid content. This has important benefits for common issues like acid reflux. In addition, apple cider vinegar includes antioxidants, like catechin, caffeic, gallic, and chlorogenic acids. Other acids, like acetic acid, can help your body absorb more nutrients from the food you’re eating. That is to say, not only does apple cider vinegar help you digest your food, but it also helps you get more from what you eat!
Along with apple cider vinegar, another excellent natural ingredient for the digestive system is raw honey. It includes a phenolic compound, called eugenol, that is used by many to inhibit the growth of tumors. Some believe that honey can restrict the growth of cancer cells more generally. Along with apple cider vinegar, raw honey also offers probiotics, powering the gut with healthy bacteria to help digest food. These two natural sources of nutrients and healthy gut bacteria are amazing for both the body at large and the digestive tract in particular.
Signs You May Need A Colon Cleanse
As we mentioned before, your food choices impact your health. One of the more significant concerns is toxicity from colon blockages. That means it’s time for a colon cleanse. The following symptoms are signs you might be having colon problems:
- Fatigue – Residues of the toxins in your colon in fact circulate throughout your body by way of the blood, wearing you out in the process.
- Aches – If your body is dealing with a blocked colon, you may be suffering from backaches, headaches, and sciatic pain.
- Odor – A blocked colon will often release toxic gases in the body. This will result in body odor, flatulence, and halitosis.
- Acne – Your pores also suffer from the toxins in your colon. These can lead to blockages in the skin that cause blemishes and pimples.
Constipation – Constipation is often caused by stress and exposure to unhealthy chemicals, as well as your diet. The colon responds to the stress of these compounded health issues by producing additional mucus, which in turn leads to buildup and blockage.
Natural Colon Cleanse
- Raw honey, 2 tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons
- Warm water, 8 ounces
- Make sure to shake the apple cider vinegar thoroughly so it’s completely mixed.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the water.
- Add the raw honey.
- Stir until completely dissolved.
- Drink daily at the time most convenient for your schedule, but morning is best.
Make sure to SHARE this simple health tip with your family and friends.
H/T: David Wolfe