When it comes to sturdy, practical and affordable, it's hard to beat cinder blocks for your gardening and landscaping needs. The only problem? That grey color is so... uninspiring?
Fortunately, these creative types saw a blank canvas in those grey panels and devised these genius solutions for sprucing up your cinder blocks. Come on, your backyard deserves something nice.
1. Neon paint looks great against the grey.
2. By breaking up the boxiness with tinier “boxes” of color, this cinderblock planter softens up enough to come inside.
3. You are only a few cinder blocks away from your very own fire pit.
4. Or go all the way and top them with cushions for a super heavy duty couch with built-in storage.
5. Why not make a matching bookcase?
6. Or this super-sleek desk? This goes great with the see-through chair.
7. This cinder block outdoor table is wind, rain and heat resistant and can come down at the end of the season if you want more room.
8. It's a cost-effective way to loft your bed just a tiny bit for storage.
9. It's an easily customizable entertainment center.
10. Just by painting them black, these cinder blocks go from drab to classy.
11. Mosaic tiles add timeless beauty to an outdoor planter.
12. This modern cinder block planter looks like it came out of a high end magazine.
13. So does this bench.
14. Steps come together quickly and easily. Plus, if the soil shifts, it's easy to get it back to level.
Credit: Faith Tap