There are some houses that are just too creepy to visit on Halloween. Maybe they’re run down or a mysterious family used to live there, but either way, there’s no candy that would be worth knocking on the front door – not even a full-size Snickers bar.
Just in case you don’t know what you’re looking for, here are 20 types of houses you should avoid on Halloween. Steer clear of these and have fun trick-or-treating!
1. Houses that appear to be wearing witch hats.
Don’t let its cuteness fool you, it’s obviously cursed.
2. Houses that belong in horror movies.
Not sure if this is the house from Bates Motel or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but either way, I’m not going near it.
3. That one house that always seems to be watching you.
Besides, you never can tell what’s hiding behind those shrubs.
4. The house that fell victim to a “mysterious fire.”
Definitely an orphanage with a dark history, so just don’t.
5. The house on the hill – we all know how that movie ended.
Not good. Not good at all.
6. Villages made up entirely of abandoned houses.
Something very bad happened here.
7. The house that could only belong to a clown.
Anyone else having a bad flashback to It?
8. This old farmhouse that belongs in The Walking Dead.
Someone should actually give them a call, this is a great filming location.
9. Any house with a strangely long walkway.
It just keeps going and going and going …
10. Or any that look like mental asylums.
Walk through that door and you’re lost forever.
11. Tiny houses in the woods.
Not all tiny homes are charming.
12. Houses that may collapse at any moment.
Whatever is living in there is definitely dead.
13. The house with a mysterious room at the top.
That’s where they keep the ghosts.
14. Any homes that seem to be smiling.
Believe me, it’s not a friendly smile.
15. Houses that look cold regardless of the weather.
It’s below freezing year round.
16. The house no one wants to buy because they know it’s haunted.
Just waiting for an unsuspecting out-of-towner …
17. Lonely houses that sit by a lake.
They’re abandoned for a reason.
18. Houses that need to be condemned.
Even the kids from Evil Dead wouldn’t go in there.
19. The house with police tape … and vultures on the roof.
I don’t even want to know what happened here.
20. The last house on the left that’s seriously in the middle of nowhere.
If you run out of gas, you’re doomed.
Via: Messy Nessy Chic