Artist Jeff Lee Johnson is known for his uncanny knack for creating fantastic, horrifying paintings that leave viewers scratching their heads. Recently, a piece that he created for a Fantasy Flight card game is going viral due to the seemingly endless layers of weird that reveal themselves the longer you stare at it. Kind of like a really creepy "Where's Waldo."
It looks pretty innocent at first, but once you spot one weird detail it leads to the next and then the next and so on until you're not sure how much more there could be.
The name of the piece is "Blue Plate Special."
Jeff Lee Johnson
Here are some of the details that users on Imgur, Reddit, and Tumblr were able to spot:
- The little boy's mom has a tentacle arm.
- The knife is bleeding into the pie.
- The blind man is reading a newspaper.
- He's also apparently eating an eyeball.
- Everything costs $15.
- There's a bloody handprint on the wall.
- One of the diners has an insect head.
- There's a tentacle monster under the counter.
- The blind man has either gills or scratches on his neck.
- The skull in the coffee cup.
How nuts is that?
If you want to check out some of Jeff's other work, check out his website here.
What other weird details did you see? Let us know and be sure to SHARE this with your family and friends.
H/T: Jeff Lee Johnson