There are some moments in life that are too precious to just let them pass by. Whether it’s for good reasons or bad reasons, some moments need to be treasured and remembered, because they are worth keeping in our hearts. These 24 photographs are perfect examples of such moments, captured on film. Each one of these really got to me.
1. The joy of this surprise proposal.
2. Lucas Hembree shares a special moment with his service dog, Juno.
3. An earthquake survivor in Sichuan, China takes solace in memories from a photo album salvaged from the rubble.
4. With a little help from photographer Matej Peljhan, Luka, a 12-year-old boy with muscular dystrophy, gets to live out some of his dreams.
5. When Arden McMath, a competing runner, fell during a race, Meghan Vogel carried her all the way to the finish line.
6. Ever a faithful best friend, Hawkeye refuses to leave his Navy SEAL master’s side.
7. A soldier’s first time seeing his baby girl.
8. Arnulfo Castorena is a gold medalist in swimming, representing Mexico in the Paralympics. Truly the spirit of a champion.
9. To help ease his arthritis, this dog’s owner takes his best friend swimming and cradles him in the water every day.
10. An elderly man helps his girlfriend relearn the alphabet after she suffered a memory loss incident.
11. Marine Staff Sgt. Marc Golczynski died in Iraq, leaving behind his eight-year-old son, Christian Golczynski, to accept the flag.
12. Homeless children in India receive lessons from teachers volunteering their own time.
13. This man, who would do anything to save his wife.
14. The first meeting of two best friends...
… And the last goodbye.
15. Irish rugby player Brian O’Driscoll cheers up his biggest fan. Look at that smile!
16. A woman kisses the hearse containing the body of her 20-year-old cousin at a military funeral.
17. A touching reunion between Specialist Dean Oldt, a marksman with the 101st Airborne, and his proud father.
18. A cancer patient’s heartbreaking wish, drawn on a mirror.
19. Marine Sergeant Frank Praytor fed and cared for a two-week-old kitten who was orphaned when her mother was killed.
20. Nick Vujicic has lived a more full life than many people, despite not having any limbs. He is absolutely an inspiration to us all.
21. A beautiful, and sad, reflection on a man’s life with his loving wife.
22. This woman has lunch with her husband every day... no matter what.
23. Thanks to technology, a terminal illness wasn’t going to stop this mother from seeing her daughter’s first dance.
24. Taylor and Danielle Morris give a whole new meaning to the saying that true love conquers all.
No need to feel bad if these made you start crying. I certainly wasn’t able to hold back after a while.
Credit: Viral Nova