Winter is here and many parts of the country have already experienced snowfall. Snow can be annoying when it gets all wet and slushy and messes up your morning commute, but if you've kept your inner child alive and well, snow is also an opportunity for serious fun.
Winter sports and snowball fights are totally awesome, but there's something so satisfying about building a snowman or other sculpture from snow. These frozen masterpieces were made by people who have truly mastered the art of enjoying a snow day.
1. "I can't come into work today, a giant snow lizard ate my car."
2. There's something sinister in this giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man's eyes.
3. "Who put Mark in charge of building the fire? YOU KNOW HE LOVES VISUAL PUNS!"
4. The resemblance is uncanny.
5. That's truly impressive.
6. Watch out for Ice Dragons.
7. "We love having people over, why do you ask?"
8. It's almost like the snowman is yelling at the mail for bringing more bills. I feel your pain snowman.
9. Venus de Milo, feeling a bit hipster-ish.
10. In my mind, all I hear is "Peanuts" music right now.
11. As a fellow Star Wars fan, I'm so jealous of this kid having his own personal AT-AT ...
12. Star Wars snow sculptures are just so Hoth right now.
13. That is just gorgeous.
14. Why is the minion in the middle so bummed out?
15. Remember kids, don't eat yellow snow.
16. This is Tortoro, a very popular character in Japan.
17. "I'm melting! Oh What a world, what a world!"
18. A stunningly accurate likeness of Peter Griffin from Family Guy.
20. Looks like Nessie, the Loch Ness monster, shouldn't have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.
21. Now all we need is a huge pot of water and some butter.
22. "Do you want to build a snowman?"
23. Yoshi is looking perfectly huggable.