Bunnies are known for being cute and fluffy, and they usually make great pets as they do not require much space in the house. But who knew they could grow to be this big? There are actually 10 breeds of giant bunnies, with the largest bunny at the moment being a 55-pound Continental Giant named Ralph.
The largest breed in the world was once an inhabitant of the Spanish Island of Minorca, where the average bunny weighed in at 30 pounds. Although they are alarmingly large, owners of these rabbits believe them to be just as gentle as their smaller counterparts.
They certainly are just as adorable.
1. You know how sometimes there's a trick of the camera where an object looks huge when it really isn’t? That is not what is happening in this photo. The bunny is actually just that big.
2. Tiny man? Nope. Massive bunny.
3. Lassie has seen some stuff in her day, but this jumbo bunny is really something.
4. This piglet isn't even phased by the sheer scale of this floppy-eared giant.
5. These piglets aren't even sure what to make of this Flemish Giant bunny. Friend? Foe? Benevolent blanket?
6. This monster is making your grandma very nervous.
7. This guy is getting in shape by weight-lifting this bunny. That's how big the bunny is.
8. Grandpa's got himself a guard bunny who wants to know, “What's the secret password, bub?”
9. This bunny is giving you the side-eye and daring you to take a picture, it'll last longer.
10. This kitty can't even believe her own eyes that a bunny could get this big.
11. This great big beast is demanding that humans carrying him around like royalty.
12. This wild child leans back and basks in the glory of his sheer enormity.
13. These great brutes proudly show off the humans they have captured.
14. These giant bunnies have equally giant hearts for their loving owners. They know that there can never be too much of a good thing, especially when it comes to bunnies.