We’ll show you how to make these cookies, but chances are, you won’t want to eat them after they’re done. They’re just that cute.
Luckily for the world, Maa Tamagosan, a French-trained Japanese cook, has shared her awesome recipe on her blog. Even if you have a nut allergy, you can replace the almonds with candy or fruit jam (little candies would be great!). Apart from the proper ingredients, the only thing you’ll need to make these cute cookies is a bear-shaped cookie cutter, which you can easily get online.
Thanks to “Hey! It’s Mosogourmet” we now have an English translation for this delicious recipe!
1. Preheat oven to 320 F (160°C).
2. Mix 110g cake flour, 20g potato starch ,and a dash of salt in bowl.
3. Mix 40g beet sugar syrup, 10g honey, and 30g vegetable oil in a small bowl.
4. Once completely mixed, spread between parchment paper and roll out with rolling pin.
5. Use your bear cookie cutter to cut out the shapes.
6. Draw the face (any fine tool will do), place the almond, and have the bears hug them tight.
7. Use leftover dough to make the tails.
8. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300F (150°C) and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
9. Take out of the oven and they’re done!