Many of us will be ordering Christmas gifts from Amazon this year, but have you ever wondered what their warehouses look like during the busy holiday season?
1. Here is the Amazon fulfilment center in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire on November 25th, exactly one month before Christmas.
3. The warehouse is even more of a mad house during Black Friday Deals Week.
5. It’s the busiest time of year for Amazon – over four million items are expected to be sold.
6. Staff members pack items 24/7 to keep up with the millions of demands.
8. The company led sales during Black Friday week in 2010.
10. This Cyber Monday was expected to be the busiest day ever for Amazon.
12. Last year they sold more than 4.1 million items, at a rate of about 47 items per second.
14. In order to keep up, a delivery truck had to leave one of Amazon’s eight fulfilment centers in the U.K. every 1 minute and 33 seconds.
16. Other centers are located in Rugeley, Gourock, Doncaster, Dunfermline, Hemel Hempstead, Marston Gate, and Swansea.
18. There is also an enormous 210,000-square-foot office in Holborn, which consists of 12 floors.
It’s amazing to get a sneak peek into Amazon, a business that many of us are familiar with, but never get to see with our own eyes. Share these incredible images with your friends and family – it’s very likely they have never seen them before.