Advertisement

Vets Are Warning Pet Owners About The Dangers Of Marrow Bones

Lots of dog owners love to give their pets a bone to chew on, but you may be placing your best friend in danger by doing so. Thankfully, the good folks at Wasson Memorial Veterinary Clinic have issued this helpful warning about the dangers of marrow bones.

The dog in the photo below is in a lot of discomfort as he's managed to lodge a bone over his lower jaw. It may look comical for a second, but it's a pretty serious issue that requires immediate medical attention.

Sadly, it's not an isolated incident as firefighters in North York, Canada recently answered a call from a woman whose dog, Ginger, had become similarly trapped.

Once this kind of bone is stuck like this, it gets held in place by the lower fangs, making removal very difficult. Thankfully, the firefighters were able to rescue Ginger.

While the bone can be carefully cut away, if that doesn't work the dog's teeth can experience serious cracking or splitting. Please be sure to choose the bones you give to your pups very carefully.

This is an easily preventable tragedy, so be sure to SHARE this with every dog lover you know so that no other puppies have to suffer like this.

H/T: Goodfullness

Advertisement
Advertisement
Trending Today: